How to Become a Laguna Craft Guild Member Artist
To become and remain a Craft Guild member, you MUST* live in the city of Laguna Beach. No studios are accepted. Proof of residency is required for all new members; and renewal members may also be required to submit residency documents, at the request of the Board of Directors. The membership fee is valid for one calendar year (January to December), and this fee must be paid with the first show application, in order to exhibit.
Please note that, at this time, there is a wait-list to exhibit jewelry. If you wish to get on the jewelry wait-list, please complete and submit a membership application. We are unable to predict how long it will take to move up from the wait-list to jewelry exhibitor status. We no longer accept strung bead jewelry.
Laguna Craft Guild Artist Requirements:
- City of Laguna Beach resident, at least 18 years of age.
- Provide current Laguna Beach City Business License (available from City Hall).
- Provide resale number from the State of California Franchise Tax Board.
- Must make your craft by hand, no resale of manufactured or pre-made crafts, or items produced by another artist.
- Must be at each craft show (to which you've applied) to sell and explain your craft process to visitors.
- Be willing to have a Board member come to your home, studio, or business to verify your process of making your art/craft.
- Artwork: no bath/skincare products, candles, or consumables (food).
- In accordance with the ADA, exhibitors requiring a service animal are permitted to bring the service animal to the Craft Guild show. The ADA defines "service animal" as an "animal specifically trained to provide assistance to an individual with a disability". Other pets are not permitted at the Craft Guild shows.
*We accept guest artists from out of Laguna Beach to exhibit and sell their work if space allows. Cost is 75.00 per show. Please email us if you are interested in being placed on a will-call list